The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Rémi De Cristofaro
The meeting was opened by the President, Charles (VA3CPY) at 7:15 pm. There were no visitors attending the meeting.
Since next year will be an even-numbered year, the following positions were to be renewed at this Annual General Meeting: President, Secretary and Director. Thus, an election had to to take place.
- Secretary: Bert (VE2ZAZ) officially offered by email to carry on with the Secretary duties for another two-year term. No other candidates came forward at this meeting. Bert (VE2ZAZ) is thus re-elected by acclamation.
- The Officers present at the meeting being unsure of whether a quorum was reached, it was decided to defer the election of the President and Director positions until the January 2024 meeting.
- Due to health reasons, the outgoing President cannot carry on his duties until a new President is elected. Thus the Vice President is taking over the President’s duties in the interim.
- Mike (VA3TEC), though not present, has offered to help the Club by getting involved on the Executive board. His role and/or position will be defined at the next meeting, granted that he is present then.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) was absent. Nonetheless, he posted a draft version of the November 2023 meeting minutes on the Club website prior to this meeting. The minutes will be voted and adopted at the next meeting.
- Ray (VE3FN) reported: The balance in our daily banking accounts is up by $0.11 to $2,734.52. Our term deposit balances stand at a total of $2,185.44, which is unchanged from last month. The balance in our share account remains at $15.00.
- The Club currently has 24 regular members and 3 life members. The Club lost one life member, Kieran (VA3KS), who sadly passed away during the month of November.
Vice President’s Report
At the next meeting, Lawrence would like to discuss a few proposals of amendment to the WCARC constitution and bylaws. This is addressed in the New Business section.
The director was absent.
Charles (VA3CPY) read the President’s Annual Report, listing the 2023 Club highlights. Peter (VA3PJ) moved that the report be adopted as is, and Lawrence (VA3IQ) seconded. The motion was carried. The report is filed as a separate document, and will be made available for consultation on the Club website.
This being the Annual General Meeting, no presentation was scheduled.
- Lawrence (VA3IQ) is organizing a post-Christmas meeting on a Saturday morning in January. The selected location is the Summerhays Restaurant. A reservation will be made in early January.
- Lawrence is also working on organizing a once-a-month WCARC Saturday breakfast during the cold weather months.
- Microwave day in a park: Lawrence is proposing that we hold a VHF and microwave communication day in a park during the warm weather months, likely in May, prior to the June VHF contest. Bert (VE2ZAZ) will inquire about the Corkery Community Centre field as the venue for the event.
At the next meeting, Lawrence would like to discuss a few proposals of amendment to the WCARC constitution and bylaws. The month of the Annual General Meeting and the election, a stated position on online meetings and making the webmaster part of the Executive board are some of the proposals to be discussed.
Show and tell
None were brought forward.
Ask the Club
No questions were asked.
The Vice President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.