The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||WCARC||RAC|
|Lawrence Dobranski||VA3IQ||Vice President||FN25||Yes||Yes|
|Rémi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the Vice President, Lawrence Dobranski (VA3IQ) at 7:12 pm. There were two visitors attending the meeting.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) posted a draft version of the September 2023 meeting minutes on the Club website prior to this meeting. Moved by him that the minutes be adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Randy (VE3AX). The motion was carried.
- Ray (VE3FN) reported: As of August 31, 2023 we had $2,734.18 in our Daily Banking Account. We also had a total of $2,143.39 in our two term deposits.
- The Club currently has 24 regular members and 4 life members.
Vice President’s Report
- Our president has had a medical emergency, and is currently on his way to full recovery. However he could not host this meeting. Consequently, Lawrence (VA3IQ) took over in hosting the meeting.
- Lawrence asked members who wish to make presentations or who have suggestions of topics for presentations, including commercial product offerings, to contact him by email.
The director had nothing to report.
The President was absent.
René (VE2UG) – 47 GHz 3D printed parabolic dish feeds.
- Lawrence (VA3IQ): The Club’s interest in providing advice on emergency communications to the Galetta Community Association Emergency Planning Committee. Lawrence reached out to the president of the emergency preparedness committee. Members of the committee have not contacted him back yet. A discussion on that matter between the Club Officers will then take place once they know more. The board will report back to the members at a future meeting.
- Monthly meeting room: Lawrence (VA3IQ) is suggesting to hold in-person meetings once every few months. A Saturday meeting is another possibility. A Saturday morning breakfast is also being considered.
- Microwave day in a park: Lawrence is considering organizing a VHF and microwave communication day in a park. It would be a good opportunity to try out our equipment in preparation for the June VHF contest.
- No new business.
Show and tell
- Ray (VE3FN) played an audio clip of a very long haul QSO during his participation in the ARRL 10 GHz and Up contest up on Mont-Tremblant, Québec.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) showed the prime focus dish antenna he is planning to use on his 10 GHz Transverter system. He posts weekly update videos of his project on the Club’s Facebook group page and on his VE2ZAZ YouTube channel.
- René (VE2UG) showed a prototype 24 GHz slot antenna. He also showed an optical receiver he is developing to be used to communicate with LED flashlights.
Ask the Club
No questions were asked.
The Vice President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm.