The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||WCARC||RAC|
|Lawrence Dobranski||VA3IQ||Vice President||FN25||Yes||Yes|
|Rémi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Charles (VA3CPY) at 7:13 pm. There were three visitors attending the meeting.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) posted a draft version of the April 2023 meeting minutes on the Club website prior to this meeting. Moved by him that the minutes be adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
- As of this meeting’s date, no April 2023 bank statement had been received.
Vice President’s Report
Lawrence (VA3IQ) informed the members of the following upcoming meeting presentations.
- Meeting presentations already scheduled:
- June 2023: Action report of the contest. Also, Paul (K1YBE): ARTEN Project - New England Mesh Networking.
- July 2023: Dennis (WA4LPR): INTRFIL - Round rod interdigital filtering construction software.
- Meeting presentations in planning:
- Mike (VA3TEC): State of the art in FPGAs.
- Paul (W1GHZ): Subject to be determined.
- Ham Radio Science Citizen Investigation. The presentation will be given by a Ph.D. student.
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
None. The bulk of the meeting was spent preparing for the WCARC’s participation in the 2023 ARRL June VHF Contest.
- 902/1296 MHz Beacons: The beacons are still non-operational. Bert (VE2ZAZ) will contact Phil Lytle (VE3HOA) to get an update on their attempt to organize a visit to the YMCA roof to re-activate the beacons.
- WCARC badges: Lawrence (VA3IQ) informed the attendees that the badges had been received. They will be distributed at the Kinburn Community Centre during the VHF Contest.
- 432 Yagi antenna Procurement: As previously mentioned, Bert (VE2ZAZ) will contact Ken (VA3KA) again at the end of May to set up a pickup of the antenna.
- Clayton (VE3IRR): A few early notes on the upcoming June VHF contest:
- The contest web page has been updated with 2023 information, and is now posted on the WCARC website.
- Clayton is trying to reach previously active rover stations to gauge their interest in coordinating their activities with the WCARC.
Show and tell
Ask the Club
No questions were asked.
The President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 8:33pm.