The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||WCARC||RAC|
|Lawrence Dobranski||VA3IQ||Vice President||FN25||Yes||Yes|
|Rémi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Charles (VA3CPY) at 7:15 pm. There was one visitor attending the meeting.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) posted a draft version of the March 2022 meeting minutes on the Club website prior to this meeting. Moved by him that the minutes be adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
- The balance as of March 31st was $2,275.67. In comparison with last month, we had a deposit of $30 for membership and $0.10 in interest. There is also $2,000 which is split up into two term deposits. One has a maturity date of August 21st, 2022. The other one will mature on October 21st, 2022. We also have $15 in our “share accounts”.
- There are 18 members as of today. There are also three life members.
Vice President’s Report
- Lawrence has had speaker cancellations. He is still trying to find speakers for upcoming meetings. He may rely on Club members to fill in when no other outside speakers are available. The next meeting will be devoted to VHF contest planning so no speaker will be required.
The Director had nothing to report.
- Karen and Charles have visited a few potential contest sites. They have pictures to show and will do this after the meeting, which will be spent on the VHF contest logistics.
Show and tell
- Charles (VA3CPY) showed his HF/VHF radio and antenna setup.
- Lawrence (VA3IQ) showed a CW paddle from American Morse Equipment. It is precision-made, has a hefty base and is very smooth to operate.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) mentioned a portable SDR QRP CW transceiver, the DMX-40+ from PreppComm. Good for beginners. Very good in decoding and sending CW. A multi-band version will soon follow.
- Wayne (VE3CZO) presented the OARC home brew project, a QRP paddle/keyer circuit. He also showed a few additional projects.
- Clayton showed a radiosonde (weather balloon tracker), and the tracking web site (SondeHub) fed by a network of ground stations. He recovered one radiosonde that had landed near where he lives.
- VHF/UHF Beacons: The beacon move is On Hold until we get further notice from the DARC officers.
- 2022 June VHF Contest on June 11th-13th 2022. A sub-committee was created to prepare for the Club’s participation in the VHF Contest. The sub-committee met right after this meeting.
Ask the Club
No questions were asked.
The President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.