The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||WCARC||RAC|
|Rémi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Charles (VA3CPY) at 7:14 pm. There were 40 visitors attending the meeting.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) posted a draft version of the March 2021 meeting minutes on the website prior to this meeting. Moved by him that the minutes be adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Karen (VA3IGO). The motion was carried.
- The bank balance as of March 31st was $2,002.70. There is also $2,000 which is split up into two term deposits. One has a maturity date of June 21st, 2021. The other one will mature on October 21st, 2021.
- There are 24 members as of today. There are also three life members. Individuals can send cheque by mail to Ray (VE3FN) to his home address. Interac payment can also be made to Ray’s email (either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Receipts will be sent back by email.
- The signing Officers update process with the Alterna Bank is completed.
Vice President’s Report
- The May meeting speaker will be Bob Heil, from Heil Sound.
- Kit building is popular, and there are some great kits available at low cost. For example, Mike has ordered a 100W Auto-tuner kit for $34 from Ali Express.
- Mike recommends listening to the various ARRL Podcasts.
Nothing to report.
There are reports of the OARC VE2CRA repeater having been recently vandalized, and that it has been shut down since then.
Ivan (VA3NKA), Solar Photovoltaic - Ham Radio Applications.
Charles will soon contact Brian (VE3UU) from the Diefenbunker Amateur Radio Club to follow up on the topic of moving our beacons and relocating our equipment storage.
Reports / Club Project Updates
- Beacons: Charles (VA3CPY) reports that the 6m, 2m, 220 MHz and 70cm beacons are operational.
- Karen (VA3IGO) passed her advanced ham licence. The members present congratulated her for the achievement.
2021 ARRL June VHF Contest - Club participation: The Club will once again have to skip this year’s June contest. We will consider participating in the September 2021 VHF contest.
Show and Tell / Announcements
Various ham-related items were shown to the attendees.
The President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 9:11 pm.