The meeting was held over the internet via a Zoom video conference. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||WCARC||RAC|
|Rémi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Charles (VA3CPY) at 7:00 pm. There were 17 visitors attending the meeting.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) posted a draft version of the January 2021 meeting minutes on the website prior to this meeting. Moved by him that the minutes be adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Karen (VA3IGO). The motion was carried.
- Bert has received the 2021 RAC insurance policy. All charges were paid to RAC.
- The current bank balance is $1,653.89. There is also $2,000 which is split up into two term deposits. One has a maturity date of June 21st, 2021. The other one will mature on October 21st, 2021.
- There are 12 members as of today. There are also three life members. Individuals can send cheque by mail to Ray (VE3FN) to his home address. Interac payment can also be made to Ray’s email (either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Receipts will be sent back by email.
Vice President’s Report
Mike (VE3MKX) thanked Bert (VE2ZAZ) for stepping in within a month’s notice with his presentation. He noted that there were a lot of guests in attendance, and thanked them for joining in. He also reminded that any ham related presentation is welcome. Those who wish to make a presentation should contact him to make arrangements for the upcoming meetings.
Nothing to report.
- Charles invited several people from the “3640” HF radio net to attend the meeting. The idea is to reach out as many hams as possible under the current lock-down. He also described what WCARC is.
- The Almonte Club will also have Zoom meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. All are welcome to attend.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) - Spectrum Analyzers And Network Analyzers - The Whats, Whys and Hows…
Reports / Club Project Updates
No new business.
Show and Tell/ Announcements
- Mike MKX showed a Victrola needle tin case. He also showed a newly assembled Mini-QCX kit, which sells for 55 USD.
- Mike MKX sent an email with links to the 2021 Hamcation presentations. Some of them are really interesting.
- Peter (VE3PJ) showed his Signal Hound spectrum analyzer.
The President observed that there was no further business; the meeting was adjourned at 9:06 pm.