The meeting was held at the the Fringewood Community Centre in Stittsville. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Jeremy Jones||VA3ZTF||Vice President||FN25ac||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton (VE3IRR) at 19:09. One visitor was in attendance (VE3MKX).
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the November meeting as posted on the WCARC website. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes as adopted as posted on the website. Seconded by Peter (VA3PJ). The motion was carried.
Robert (VE3BE) reported 5 paid up members for 2020 and a bank balance of $1,535.73. There is also $2,000 which is split up into 2 term deposits which will be maturing in April & October 2020.
Vice President’s Report
Jeremy (VA3ZTF) mentioned that the January speaker is Steve Harrison, February is Richard Ferch and March is Clayton Smith. Other speakers later in the year could be Bryan Rawlings and Dave Conn.
No speaker tonight.
Jeremy (VA3ZTF) asked if there were any new updates for the Club’s not-for-profit registration number. Clayton mentioned that he didn’t have the time to register yet.
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that the beacons are all functioning well. He asked if there were still issues with the 903 and 1296 MHz beacons. Clayton (VE3IRR) said he had heard them a month ago.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) announced that there were new stations on the Hull side.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Randy (VE3AX) mentioned that the VE2FUT beacon is now back on the air.
- Mike (VE3MKX) showed a couple of 3D-printed ham accessories. He also mentioned the RAC Winter Contest.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) brought 2 items for sale.
- Luc (VE3JGL) showed his new 432 MHz SSPA and Arduino projects.
- Clayton (VE3IRR) showed a video of Randy’s computerized Christmas display.
Election of Club Officers
Clayton (VE3IRR) thanked the outgoing executive members (President, Secretary and Director). Elections for these three positions proceeded as follows:
- President: There were no nominations so the subject will be brought up at the next meeting.
- Secretary: Bert (VE2ZAZ) volunteered for the position, and was acclaimed as there were no further nominations.
- Director: Wayne (VE3CZO) volunteered for the position, and was acclaimed as there were no further nominations.
2019 Annual Report
Clayton (VE3IRR) presented the 2019 Annual Report. He moved that the annual report be accepted as posted. The motion was seconded by Randy (VE3AX). The motion was carried.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:10. The members then took part in the annual Christmas social.