The meeting was held at the the Fringewood Community Centre in Stittsville. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the Secretary, Randy Nordlund (VE3AX) at 19:03. Two visitors were in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the August meeting as posted on the WCARC website. Doug asked that the August minutes be modified to reflect the members who donated for the 70 cm beacon antenna. Remi (VA3DRI) asked that the RLC meter be changed to LC Meter. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes be adopted as amended. Seconded by Robert (VE3BE). The motion was carried.
Robert (VE3BE) reported 27 paid up members for 2019 and a bank balance of $904.78. There is also $2,000 which is split up into 2 term deposits which will be maturing in 2020. Clayton (VE3IRR) donated $1,103 to the club after the sale of his items at the Carp Hamfest. With the outstanding cheques the effective balance is around $1,500.
Vice President’s Report
No speaker was scheduled for tonight’s meeting.
- Doug (VE3XK) asked if tonight’s meeting space is committed until December.
- Randy (VE3AX) mentioned that the speaker for October will be Mike Babineau (VE3WMB) – Pico Balloon WSPR Beacons. November will be Steve Harrison (VE3FTS) – Rebuilding Renfrew and Almonte ARES. December will be the AGM, and January will tentatively be Clayton (VE3IRR) with an SDR update.
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that the beacon antennas were changed before the meeting. Bert (VE2ZAZ) showed pictures of the installed antennas.
Wayne (VE3CZO) asked if D-STAR should be removed from the list of projects as there are no more updates.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Bryan (VE3QJ) asked if anyone was interested in older ham equipment that he wanted to sell.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) gave an update on the September contest.
- Doug (VE3XK) asked if there were options that the club could look at for future contests such as doing a September contest using rovers.
- Lawrence (VA3IQ) showed his eBay GPSDO.
- Graham (VE3BYT) showed his Skew-planar Wheel Antenna.
- Mike (VE3MKX) showed Powerpole adapters and DC-DC converters from eBay.
- Wayne (VE3CZO) showed a continuity tester he designed.
- Randy (VE3AX) showed his NanoVNA.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) talked about the NanoVNA and recycling Li-ion batteries.
- Georges-André (VE2VAB) showed his SOTA setup.
- Doug (VE3XK) reminded everyone that the club owned test equipment that can be borrowed by the members.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) asked if there was a list of equipment donated by Clayton.
The Secretary observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 21:03.