The meeting was held at the the Hazeldean branch of the Ottawa Public Library. The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Jeremy Jones||VA3ZTF||Vice President||FN25ac||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR) at 18:07. One visitor was in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the June and July meetings as posted on the WCARC website. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes be adopted as posted. Seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
Clayton (VE3IRR) reported 27 paid up members for 2019 and a bank balance of $923.45. There is also $2,000 which is split up into 2 term deposits which will be maturing in 2020. A number of expenses still need to be accounted for, so the available balance is around $300.
Vice President’s Report
Jeremy (VA3ZTF) reported that Pretty Street Community Centre has been reserved from September to the end of the year. (Note: The reservation was subsequently changed to the Fringewood Community Centre.) The start of the meetings will be back at 7pm. A preliminary budget was presented to the members for this year and 2020.
Clayton (VE3IRR) mentioned that a table has been reserved for the Carp Hamfest. He will be selling some of his excess equipment and will give the proceeds to the club.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) gave a presentation on building 24 GHz equipment.
Georges-André’s FT-817 went missing after the June contest and the club will reimburse the value of the radio. Clayton presented a motion to give the amount of $300 to Georges-André. Chris (VE2MW) seconded. The motion was carried.
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that all beacons are working.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Andy (VA3NVK) offered to pay the cost of a replacement 144 MHz beacon antenna.
- Peter (VA3PJ) offered to pay the cost of a replacement 222 MHz beacon antenna.
- Multiple members each offered $20 to cover the cost of a replacement 432 MHz beacon antenna.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) gave an update on the 10 GHz contest outing with Ray VE3FN.
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) showed the NanoVNA that he received.
- Jeremy (VA3ZTF) asked for speaker suggestions for future meetings.
- Doug (VE3XK) mentioned that the QCWA’s September meeting will feature a presentation on an APRS nano beacon that will go around the world with balloons.
- Remi (VA3DRI) showed an RLC meter and asked the members for ideas to troubleshoot why it wasn’t accurate.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:03.