The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Jeremy Jones||VA3ZTF||Vice President||FN25ac||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
|Peter Deweerd Jr.||Visitor|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR) at 19:00 hours.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the January meeting as posted on the WCARC website. Doug asked for modifications. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes be adopted as amended. Seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
Clayton (VE3IRR) reported 14 paid up members and a bank balance of $133.47 plus the $3,058 term deposit.
Vice President’s Report
Jeremy (VA3ZTF) mentioned that the March speaker will be José (VA3PCJ). The subject is not yet determined. The May meeting falls on Victoria Day so it will be moved to the week prior.
Ray (VE3FN) gave a presentation on Amateur Microwave Communications on 10, 24 and 47 GHz.
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that all of the beacons are operational. Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported that the WSPR beacon is working fine.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) mentioned that the players are discussing what hardware should be used.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Randy (VE3AX) mentioned the VHF Super Conference is coming up in April and asked whether the club is looking at purchasing antennas.
- Doug (VE3XK) showed some of the items that the club might be interested in purchasing such as an ultrasonic receiver for noise detection.
- Randy (VE3AX) gave out 3D-printed Powerpole adapters for members that have FT-817 radios.
- Chris (VE3CBK) has 500Ω linear potentiometers for sale.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) mentioned that the 2m SSB net is on Tuesday nights at 21:00 on 144.250MHz.
- Richard (VE3KI) talked about ISED and their plans on how call signs are managed.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:26.