The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR) at 19:05 hours. 3 visitors were in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the September meeting as posted on the WCARC website. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes be approved. Seconded by Wayne (VE3CZO). The motion was carried.
Clayton (VE3IRR) relayed the treasurer’s report. We have 33 paid up members and a bank balance of $257.39 plus the $3,000 term deposit.
Vice President’s Report
Tonight’s speaker is Marcus Leech (VE3MDL) and the subject is “Radio Astronomy at the CCERA & the 21 cm Dual Channel Spectrometer.”
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that all of the beacons are operational. Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported that the 3W module for the 2m WSPR beacon has been ordered. He asked that the members listen for it at 144.490460 MHz.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported that the link between Clayton and the YMCA is down.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Bert (VA2ZAZ) talked about the NEAR-Fest and the upcoming hamfest in Longueuil.
- Chris (VE3CBK) mentioned the upcoming Jamboree on the Air.
- Wayne (VE3CZO) showed the car starter lithium battery pack he modified for ham use.
- Clayton (VE3IRR) talked about the small fox hunting beacons he planned to make with Adafruit Feather boards.
- Doug (VE3XK) asked if a pair of gloves that were found at the June contest site belonged to a member. He also mentioned that the November speaker is Dave Conn and the subject is about a Radio Interface for blind hams. The December meeting is the Christmas party.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 21:00.