Minutes of the Regular Meeting on August 20, 2018
The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR) at 19:00 hours. 3 visitors were in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the July meeting as posted on the WCARC website. A small change was requested by Doug (VE3XK) to include the $3,000 GIC in the Treasurer’s report. Moved by the Secretary that the minutes be approved as modified. Seconded by Bert (VE2ZAZ). The motion was carried.
Robert (VE3BE) reported 30 paid up members, and the bank balance is $51.30 plus the $3,000 term deposit.
Vice President’s Report
Some missing presentations were added to the club’s web site. Andy asked if a list of equipment can be posted to the website. Clayton will add them. The site now has an updated club logo. The URL has been changed to https://wcarc.ca/. The original URL is still active.
Tonight’s speaker is Alan Goodacre (VE3HX) and the subject is “Long-Delayed Echoes.”
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) reported that all of the beacons are working including 903 & 1296 MHz. Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported that the 2m WSPR beacon is still operating.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported that non-hams were inquiring about BBHN.
Doug (VE3XK) mentioned that the table has been reserved for the Carp Hamfest on Sept. 8th.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) reported on the Saturday activities during the 10 GHz contest weekend.
- Don (VE3KDF) reported on the Foymount 10 GHz activities on Sunday.
- Jeremy (VA3ZTF) was in Yukon mountain-topping and Tuesday will be doing an exam session at the Diefenbunker.
- Thane (VA3TTM) is looking for another club interested in helping with giving courses.
- Andy (VE3NVK) just received his LimeSDR Mini and will experiment with it.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:45.