The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
|John W. Lalonde||Visitor|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:04 hours. 5 visitors were in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the January meeting posted on the WCARC website. Randy moved that the minutes be approved as posted on the website. The motion was seconded by Bert (VE2ZAZ). The motion was carried.
We have 21 paid up members and $4665.24 in the bank. $3000 has been invested in a term deposit.
Vice President’s Report
The March speaker will be Rich (VE3KI) and the subject will be panoramic displays.
The speaker tonight is Clayton (VE3IRR) and the subject is “What’s New in Software Defined Radio?”
Reports / Project Updates
Bert (VE2ZAZ) gave an update on the 2m WSPR beacon. The rest of the beacons are all working fine.
Nothing new to report.
- Clayton (VE3IRR) moved that we approve the $110 expense for the Corkery Community Centre for the June contest. The motion was seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
- Doug (VE3XK) presented the plan to have the club purchase a handheld VNA, handheld spectrum analyzer and new antennas for 222, 903, 1296 and 2304 MHz. A discussion followed with the members on what should be purchased, if it should all be at once and how the equipment could be lent out to the members.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Glenn (VE3XRA) mentioned the Canada-Wide Science Fair happening in May. Glenn talked about the experience operating in the Canadian Ski Marathon.
- Tyler (VA3DGN) mentioned that there were Raspberry Pi activities at the Science Museum on March 3rd and 10th.
- Chris (VE3CBK) mentioned that John (VE9EZ) was activating Canadian lighthouses.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 21:27.