Minutes of the Regular Meeting on January 15, 2018
The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:00 hours. 4 visitors were in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the December meeting posted on the WCARC website. Randy moved that the minutes be approved as modified; the motion was seconded by Glenn (VE3XRA). The motion was carried.
We have 21 paid up members and $4762.96 in the bank. $3000 has been invested in a term deposit.
Vice President’s Report
The February meeting will be on the 2nd Monday of the month because of Family Day. The list of scheduled speakers for the year was updated.
Reports / Project Updates
The beacons are working fine. Harry asked if anyone was listening to the VE3TEN 10m beacon.
Rick (VE3CVG) is now linked to the mesh using the internet.
- Brian (VE3UU) suggested that we change the order of our meetings and have the speakers go first.
- Doug (VE3XK) talked about the motion he wants to present at the next meeting to purchase a VNA and 3 antennas for club use.
- Randy (VE3AX) mentioned that the January VHF contest is this coming weekend.
- Wayne (VE3CZO) asked if anyone in the group had access to commercial software that could be used to model a filter he made.
- Stuart (VE3SMF) showed a coaxial switch and different military antennas that could be used on amateur bands.
- Harry (VE3HYS) asked for volunteers for the ski marathon.
- Remi (VA3DRI) mentioned that EDI on Baseline has attenuators for a very good price.
- Jeremy (VA3ZTF) mentioned that a new satellite AO-92 was launched.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) mentioned the Canada-wide science fair that will be held in Ottawa in May and the need for volunteers.
The speaker tonight is Ron McFayden and the subject is “Amateur Radio Repeater Builds above 7000 Feet.”
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 21:15.