The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:05 hours.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the November meeting posted on the WCARC website. Randy moved that the minutes be approved as posted. The motion was seconded by Peter (VA3PJ). The motion was carried.
We have 14 paid up members and $4743.87 in the bank. $3000 was invested in a GIC.
Vice President’s Report
Reports / Project Updates
Doug asked if the members could let him know if the 6, 2, 222 and 432 beacons are still on the air.
Robert (VE3BE) reports that the Insurance forms have been filled out.
Announcements / Show & Tell
- Bert (VE2ZAZ) showed a new LC meter (LC200) from China.
- Chris (VE3CBK) showed a power connector for the FT-817 which is made with a 3D printer.
- Wayne (VE3CZO) showed his Powerpole adapters.
- Randy (VE3AX) reminded the group that the VHF contest will be on January 20-22.
- Jeremy (VA3ZTF) has some used coax that is available, and reminded the group that the RAC Winter Contest will be held this coming weekend, with a station operating from the Diefenbunker.
- Doug (VE3XK) mentioned the improvements to the WCARC website.
Clayton (VE3IRR) presented the 2017 Annual Report. He moved that the annual report be accepted as posted. The motion was seconded by Randy (VE3AX). The motion was carried.
Election of Club Officers
This year the President, Secretary and Director positions are open.
Clayton (VE3IRR) offered to stay on a club president. Doug (VE3ZK) nominated Clayton and Jeremy (VA3ZTF) seconded. There were no other nominations so Clayton was reconfirmed as President.
For the position of club Secretary there were no nominations. Randy (VE3AX) offered to stay. Randy was acclaimed.
For the position of Director, Bert (VE2ZAZ) stepped down. Jeremy (VA3ZTF) offered to take on the position. Jeremy was acclaimed.
There was no scheduled speaker for the December meeting.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 19:41. The members then took part in the annual Christmas social.