The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:00 hours. Two visitors were in attendance.
Clayton (VE3IRR) introduced the minutes of the October meeting posted on the WCARC website. Clayton moved that the minutes be approved as posted; the motion was seconded by Doug (VE3XK). The motion was carried.
We have 25 paid up members and $4418.58 in the bank. $3000 was invested in a GIC.
Vice President’s Report
Reports / Project Updates
The beacons are all working fine. Some members have volunteered to relocate the 2m WSPR beacon which is off the air.
There was a hardware failure which has now been fixed.
Clayton reported that the link between his node and the YMCA node went down last week.
Bert reminded that the insurance was due in December.
- Margaret (VA3XVN) mentioned that the Tall Pines Rally in Bancroft is looking for volunteers this coming weekend.
- Doug (VE3XK) mentioned that Paul (VE3PLE) had left a collection of books on C & C++ that are available to a member who wants them.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) mentioned that the Canada 150 contest has over 21050 distinct call signs in the logs and included 1820 Canadian call signs. The C3 mission docked in Vancouver and is ended. The WSPR beacon is still operating.
- Doug (VE3XK) mentioned that the February meeting will be on the 2nd Monday as Family Day is on the 3rd Monday.
- Glenn highlighted the fact that there are 20 people attending tonight’s meeting.
- Doug mentioned that he will bring books from Paul’s collection that will be raffled off.
The Speaker tonight is Ralph Cameron (VE3BBM) and the subject is “Building the Grand Prairie to Alaska Microwave system.”
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:38.