Minutes of the Regular Meeting on September 18, 2017
The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
|Remi De Cristofaro||VA3DRI||Member||FN25bh||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:02 hours. One visitor was in attendance.
Randy (VE3AX) introduced the minutes of the August meeting posted on the WCARC website. Randy (VE3AX) moved that the minutes as posted be approved; Seconded by Remi (VA3DRI). The motion was carried.
We have 24 paid up members and $519 in the bank.
Vice President’s Report
Doug reported that there was $15 of sales at the Carp Hamfest. The speaker next month will be Dave Conn (VE3KL) and the subject will be “Exploring Off Centre Fed and Centre Fed Loaded Antennas.” November will be Brian Jeffrey (VE3UU) and the subject will be “Adventures from the Coldest Part of the Cold War.” December will be the Christmas party.
Reports / Project Updates
The beacons are all working fine.
Hams on the Quebec side are trying to connect to the YMCA and installing a new node.
- Randy (VE3AX) gave an update on the club 6m yagi.
- Wayne mentioned that he was still looking for a connector for the 1.25” Heliax.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) and Tyler (VA3DGN) talked about the NVIS event scheduled for September 24 and what was done last year.
- Glenn (VE3XRA) showed pictures taken during the September microwave contest and gave a quick update on the RAC AGM and the presentations which were given.
- Clayton (VE3IRR) showed information on the new the LimeSDR Mini project.
The speaker tonight is Tyler (VA3DGN) and the subject is “An Introduction to Git, GitHub and GitLab.”
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 21:21.