The meeting was held at the Sobey’s in Kanata (March Rd. location). The following people were present:
|Name||Call Sign||Position||MH Grid||RAC||WCARC|
|Doug Leach||VE3XK||Vice President||FN25bf||Yes||Yes|
The meeting was opened by the President, Clayton Smith (VE3IRR), at 19:00 hours.
The President, (VE3IRR), introduced the minutes of the November meeting. Moved by the president (VE3IRR) that the minutes be approved; Seconded by Robert (VE3BE). The motion was carried.
$530 in the bank. 4 new members. Andy has notified the club that he would like to pass Treasurer duties on to another member after the end of his term.
Vice President’s Report
Speakers are set up until July 2017. Glenn had a question about the cancellation of the February meeting and it will be looked at to see if the store is closed or not.
Reports / Project Updates
Doug (VE3XK) mentioned that the IDer had been modified and a long carrier had been added. Graham (VE3BYT) enquired about a WSPR beacon. Doug mentioned that the 2m beacon was being built.
People are still trying to connect to the mesh. Rick Bandla has been doing mobile tests in the east end. There are 40 nodes on the mesh.
Bert (VE2ZAZ) asked if Clayton (VE3IRR) could give a quick update about the club projects. Clayton mentioned that he had resent the list to all the new members. Wayne (VE3CZO) gave information on some of the projects.
- Bert showed some of the low cost testing equipment he found from Banggood.com
- Paul presented his QRP Labs transmitter.
- Jeremy talked about a WSPR kit for the PI.
- Randy mentioned that the NEWS VHF conference was being held in April.
- Rich talked about his remote control setup for his station.
Election of Officers
Vice President and Treasurer were thanked for their services over the past 2 years.
- Vice President – No nominations were received so it will be revisited next meeting.
- Treasurer – Rob (VE3BE) volunteered for the position and was acclaimed.
Clayton (VE3IRR) gave a review on the club highlights and accomplishments of the past year.
The President observed that there being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 20:50.