The meeting was held in the Kanata Room at Sobey's in Kanata.
The following members and guests were present:
|Rick Bandla||VE3CVG||Vice President|
The meeting was called to order at 7:31pm by VA3NFA.
The following guests were present: VE3NVK, VA3NEK and VA3WO. Welcome!
Ken (VA3KA) and Graham (VE3BYT) informed the President that they could not attend this meeting.
- Submitted by email by VA3KA
- The WCARC made about $70 at the Carp Hamfest
- Detailed report will be provided next month.
- submitted by VE3BYT prior to meeting
- Graham is working to get caught up on posting minutes to the web site.
- Website continues to get many hits. Feel free to email Rick with comments/suggestions for improvements
- 900 Repeater has been physically installed at "The Site" but will not be turned on until filters can be added.
- The 10GHz narrow band project is progressing nicely
- VE3CVG's 10m/6m beacons off the air for now
- VA3KS's 144.290 beacon is operational
- VA3NFA's 222 beacon project: no progress
- 432 beacon is off the air due to a PS failure. Can anyone host this beacon? If so please contact VA3NFA.
- 903 beacon is working fine
D-STAR Progress (by VA3CVG)
- A/B/C DV voice modules are operational
- Gateway is operational
- Currently debugging the 1.2 DD module
- Planning on buying another PS and add a Wx Station to the site
- There are about 15 registered users on the Gateway!
- OARDG booth at Carp Hamfest generated lots of interest
- Many thanks to VE3XK for this OARDG/D-STAR presentation at the Carp Hamfest (RAC Technology Update)
- Planning a OARDG meeting in about 2 week to discuss next steps
President's report (by VA3NFA)
- Thanks to all that helped out with WCARC table at Carp Hamfest
- Excellent feedback received after the presentation on VHF Mobile Contesting that Tom presented after the Carp Hamfest.
- Tom's asked all present to help out in future meetings by volunteering to provide informal or formal presentation or "show and tell".
- Tom reminded all members that the WCARC election will be held at the December meeting and he encouraged all members to consider running for a position.
- Tom reminded the group of the ARRL VHF contest coming up on Sept 8-9 weekend. There will be several local rovers and other "Big Gun" stations on the air.
- Tom purchased a large box of VHF engineering TX and RX boards in several bands (50/144/432) on Ebay that he will be donating to the club for use in beacon projects.
Tellurometers (by VE3MY)
- Tim led an informal talk/discussion on how he used Tellurometers in the 50/60's as part of the Canadian Geodesic Survey.
- Thanks Tim!
The meeting was adjourned at about 8:45 pm.
The next meeting will be on October 2, 2007.
Tom Zinck (VA3NFA), acting Secretary for Graham Ide VE3BYT.