The meeting was held in the Kanata Room at Sobey’s in Kanata.
The following members and guests were present:
|Rick Bandla||VE3CVG||V.P. / Webmaster|
Ken, VA3KA, collected membership dues and provided receipts to several member for expenses (e.g. food, door prizes, etc).
The Election for Club executive:
Tom, VA3NFA, made a passionate appeal for members to run for the club executive or to volunteer in other capacity to assist in the running of the club. As a result of Tom’s plea the following nominations took place:
- Ken, VA3KA, was nominated by VA3NFA and seconded by VE3XK for the position of WCARC Treasurer. No other nominations were made thus Ken was acclaimed as Treasurer.
- Graham, VE3BYT, (absent from meeting) was nominated by VO1NO and seconded by VE3BSM for position of WCARC Secretary. No other nominations were made thus Graham was acclaimed as Secretary.
- Rick, VE3CVG, was nominated by VA3NFA and seconded by VE3MY for position of WCARC Vice President and Webmaster. No other nominations were made thus Rick was acclaimed as V.P.
- Tom, VA3NFA, was nominated by VE3XZT and seconded by VE3XK for the position of WCARC President. No other nominations were made thus Tom was acclaimed as Pres.
Congratulations to the new (old?) executive for 2006!
After the election there were reports on several projects:
- VE3CVG reported that the 903 beacon was nearly ready and that VE3CIQ was willing to install it once an antenna was secured.
- VE3BSM reported that the VE3WCC-1 APRS digi is working very well and the he has assisted in the upgrade of several other areas digipeaters including VE3IWJ and VE3DVQ.
- VE3CVG reported that he has created a club “history” page on the WCARC website and encouraged all members to check it out and send him other tidbits of info.
- VE3XK reported progress on his receiving the 900 MHz ATV repeater and that he was ordering a pre-amp to increase the sensitivity of his station. VA3KA and VE3CVG have not yet had success in hearing the 900MHz ATV repeater.
- VO1NO volunteered to assist with WCARC Field Day 2006 and said that he will be seeking assistance of other members to organize the effort… perhaps a 2A entry!
- VE3CVG suggested that the club, or club members, consider 10GHz as the next project, building off the tremendous success of the 903 MHz Transverter and antenna projects. Contact Rick if you would like more information or if you would like to get in on this project!
After all of the updates, VE3CVG did the drawings for the AWESOME door prizes and then the members enjoyed coffee, soda and snacks. All members enjoyed the fun and remarked that the door prizes and treats should become an annual event.
Meeting Notes were provided by Tom, VA3NFA. Thanks, Tom.
The next meeting will be on January 3, 2006.
Graham Ide VE3BYT